Blog Background

Monday, October 27, 2014

31 Days 15: Essential Oils



I am a big fan of essential oils.  From cleaners to air fresheners to diaper cream and more, the uses are infinite.  

But storage can be a problem.  After all, it's a bunch of tiny glass bottles with the labels on the fronts.  A lot like spices, but smaller, and more fragile!

I keep mine in...you guessed it, a bin.  I suppose I could have called this series "31 Days of Bins."  Oh, well.

The bin protects them and keeps the light off them, which is very important for EO storage.  But every time I needed something, I found myself pulling each bottle out to find what I was looking for.  I needed labels.  Ah, but the right tiny size is impossible to find at Staples.

So I turned to my BFF, Amazon.  Hello, doTerra labels!  They even came with a few blank ones for my mixes and home made oils.  




Now I can see what I have!  I keep a carrier oil and witch hazel in my bin so I can dilute dilute dilute!  Moderation, people.

**I am not a doTerra or Young Living rep.  I have not made a commitment to any essential oil company for multiple reasons.  Please do your research and make an educated decision when you begin your oily journey!

How do you organize your EO's?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tired them myself, but I know a lot of people that swear by them. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my oils daily and *love* the labels. They are a must :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I'm intrigued by essential oils. I'll have to explore this further. BTW, I love the title and tag of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smells. and my yoga teacher uses them after yoga. so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete